Friday, December 28, 2012

Blast from the Past: Trigun - Episode 1

Oh God, I almost forgot how much I love this show and the main character, since it's been so long since I saw it (about 4 years), I really wanted to reminisce on all the things I love about this Anime. Sadly, I really don't remember much except that Vash was wanted! So, it will be amazing to rewatch this and remember all the things I love about this!



The atmosphere of this Anime is really cool - feels like the outback areas! The series opening tells you straight away that Vash was wanted, as there were a lot of posters about him. Also, I wonder how he must feel when he was listening to all those people talk about him, especially when they have the wrong idea about him. I also adore the artwork, the character design is freaking amazing.

The fact that Vash is the biggest wanted bounty reminds me a bit of Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei, when the main guy was also wanted for a lot of money, and people have the wrong idea about him. It's really a mystery to why Vash is wanted for 60 billion double dollars (what's the difference between regular dollars and double dollars?). I wonder what he did to be wanted.

Wow, Vash's outfit look so damn amazing, I love the red coat, glasses and he looks so badass, though because I've seen this series before, I know what kind of personality he has. I REALLY love that a hero can be the way he is, not wanting to hurt anybody.

I LOVE THAT CAT! It has such an awesome expression! I'm always crazy about cats in Anime, especially when they're cute as this one!

So, there are two girls after him or at least they want to find him. Sadly, I don't even remember what they wanted, even though I've seen this Anime before. I feel sorry for Vash that people keep thinking he's this evil guy, and when you see him for the first time, his head pops out from the ground in the cutest way. You can immediately tell how nice of a person he is.



I love how Vash is so clever, when the guys were shooting off the guns, he was just behind there letting all the bullets come out. Then, he even had those shooters make a picture of his head.



I call that CLEVER. He freaking rocks! I just also love how he's so cheerful! He would definitely be a character I'd want to be friends with. Also, what really makes me admire Vash is we can absolutely tell that he's really strong, and good at what he does (guns) - he took down those 2 guys in a matter of seconds. But, he chooses not to make himself seem tough, and he almost acts as if he's afraid and dodging, and screaming out for help, but in reality, you know that he's good and he can kill you in a matter of seconds if he wanted to. Those characters are just so freaking admirable and AWESOME that they choose not to!

I think I've seen characters like that before as well, who are so good at what they do but they choose not to reveal it or make a big deal. A Wuxia series I saw when I was young had a character like that, he was this tiny old man who seemed to not know any martial arts, who's always getting scolded because he "doesn't know anything" and is a muddle head, whereas his knowledge surpasses almost everyone there will be, but he made a choice not to ever reveal that because he regretted that he killed someone by accident, and he never wished to kill someone again. (Another reason why Wuxia has so many similarities to Anime!)



(Vash pretending that he had a big problem, whereas he really came back for the girls, and even though he looked like he was scared out of his wits trying to dodge the bullets, you know he's doing as easy as a breeze)

I found it hilarious when the bounty hunter showed up and there was another really big guy and they both were after each other, thinking each other was Vash the Stampede (while the real Vash is just sitting there pretending he doesn't know anything), and the two girls were all like, wait, he's the guy with the Mohawk, no, he's.... (Oh crap, the rumors don't match) HAHAHA, that was so hilarious.

I think I'm getting an idea about how those rumors were created, about Vash being the worst womanizer (and if you were like me and wondered what that meant, it's a selfish, narcissistic, nefarious character who needs to manipulate and use woman to feed his own childish, self serving ego) and humanoid typhoon, is because there's all these fat and nasty guys who want the bounty and accuse each other as Vash. It's just so interesting that nobody really seem to know exactly what Vash even looked like.

And I can imagine why the girl didn't even think Vash was really Vash the Stampede, because of all the rumors flying around about how scary he is, and Vash is just adorable, especially when he had the kitten expression.



I also want to comment on how much I love Vash's english voice. Johnny Yong Bosch does such a AMAZING JOB with him, making him so sound so funny and lovable at the same time. That just shows how talented he is, because his Ichigo (Bleach) has a completely different personality and he does them both in such a brilliant and believable way. I really love this voice actor and enjoy hearing the shows he's in! If there's ever more Trigun series/movies, I really do hope he can be Vash again. It would never be the same without him!

Watching this has totally rekindled my love for this Anime! I love it so much! Especially Vash's personality and the way he handles situations. Gotta love a guy who is more interested in eating and peace than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment