Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Random Thoughts about Pokemon

I'm really enjoying some of the marathon of Pokemon I'm having lately, particularly for the nostalgic feelings. While I watch, I often pick up little things which I want to talk about.

Questions about Brock

I'm sure absolutely everyone has thought about this. How does Brock see without opening his eyes? What does his eyes even look like?

Another thing about Brock, since he falls in love with nearly all the girls in the show, why doesn't he like Misty? Or at least, why didn't he the first moment he saw her? He even thought her sisters were beautiful.

Ash Bouncing Pokeball at Pikachu



Why was Ash trying to bounce the Pokeball on Pikachu in the first episode, since he usually just points it at them and make them return that way.

Ash without his Hat

I can never get used to Ash without his hat. It's like, I am not used to seeing exactly how his hair is! The hat kind of almost makes his head/hair shape look different, so when he takes it off, it almost feels as if his hair is going the wrong direction! Haha!



Does anyone think Ash looks too different without the hat?

How Many Times has Team Rocket Blasted off?

Wow, I bet other people has thought of this! Watching them blast off just made me wonder exactly how many times! They at least blast off once in every episode. Occassionally, they blast off 2-3 times. Perhaps altogether, it makes it 750-800 times? I have no idea. I saw a forum thread that said they blasted off 1,000,000 times! Poor Team Rocket...



That also lead me to another question. Often, we see them land in a horribly sticky situation. For example in Snow Way Out, their balloon was stolen and they were stuck in a hot spring. How did they get themselves out of it? There are other worse situations where they've landed on a branch and is about to fall off a cliff.

How the heck does Team Rocket get out of all t heir Sticky Situations?

Pokemon can teach Concepts

Pokemon can even teach the way animals grow through the evolution of Caterpie to Metapod and then to Butterfree actually shows how worms... No, not worms. Caterpillars become butterfree butterflies!

Another example is through the Pokemon names. Yes, many of the names are quite similar to the animal's real names. For example: Charmeleon for chameleon. As a kid, I never knew there was a real lizard called chameleon until I watched Pokemon. I also didn't know "Ditto" means the same.

The concept of DNA/Cloning was completely unknown to me until I watched Pokemon: The First Movie. The whole Mewtwo cloned thing really helped me learn the concept. Since English was my second language, I was slower at learning things. It's always nice when a kids Anime like Pokemon can teach me about science. It makes me much more exciting than just learning it from books.



Charizard's Disobedience

Charizard being the one to rebel has always confused me, considering the circumstances of how he joined the team, when Ash, Misty and Brock did everything to save his life, and he was so willing to join them. If I were to choose, I think Bulbasaur should have been the one that disobeyed, because he seemed to be the tougher, and even challenged Ash to a match before joining. It's interesting that Charizard finally listened to Ash after the second time, Ash did everything he could to make sure his flame didn't go out on his tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment